Ultimate Diva Expo - Canad Inn
May 5 - 11 is Be Kind to Animals Week
In this annual tradition, we commemorate the role animals play in our lives, promote ways to continue to treat them humanely, and encourage others, especially children, to do the same.
May 19-25 is National Dog Bite Prevention Week
Did you know that ...
- 4.7 million people in this country are bitten by dogs every year
- children are by far the most common victims
- 800,000 Americans receive medical attention for dog bites each year
- children are far more likely to be severely injured; approximately 400,000 receive medical attention every year
- most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs
- senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims
Top 10 reasons to adopt an older pet
- What you see is what you get
- Easy to train
- Super loving
- They're not a 24/7 job
- They settle in quickly
- Fewer messes
- You won't bite off more than you can chew
- They enjoy easy living
- Save a life, be a hero
- They're cute! Need we say more?